Sunday 14 August 2011

What if...

The million pound question

Its an odd question too, as it can refer to the past or the future. And I'm starting to ask it a lot of my life. What if I did go to university. What if we hadn't met. Or what if I didn't have very persuasive friends?

What if I do discern my call properly? What if I do move to a foreign country? What if what I think is right really isn't?

Massive questions I will never find an answer too. Unless I actually do some of the future questions. But then I wonder if I should be asking these questions at all. If I stop living my life by my agenda, and hand it over to God.

Answer, probably not. But we are human, and I do struggle with handing things to God sometimes. I think this is because I expect instant results from God. It is OK for me to leave things to the last minute, but I expect God to be much better organised as me, so get frustrated when things don't happen. Though I guess that is my agenda creeping back in.

I find it so easy to get caught up in my life, and my prayer for me and my friends is that we are able to let go. To lift things up to God, that we don't have to worry about. But have the patience that God knows the time to give it back to us.



There is a time for everything,
   and a season for every activity under the heavens: Ecclesiastes 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment